Spiced Pork and Cherry Kabobs
Calories 197 (18% from fat)
Fat 4 gram
Saturated Fat 1.3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 73 mg.
Sodium 476 mg.
Carb. 15 gram
Fiber 2.5 gram
Sugar 10 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 24 gram
2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, stemmed and seeded
1 Tbsp. adobo sauce
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
3 Tbsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. no salt added tomato paste
1 tsp. coriander, ground
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper, ground
1 lb. pork tenderloin lean cut, cut into 1-inch pieces
6 oz. cherries raw, stemmed and pitted
(You can use frozen cherries that have been defrosted too.)
cilantro leaves for garnish
An easy kabob recipe for your next family get together or a casual picnic. You can make this recipe with fresh cherries when they're in season or frozen cherries anytime. .
1. Soak bamboo skewers in water when you start. They should soak for about 30 minutes.
2. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high.
3. Place the first 9 ingredients, chipotle peppers through black pepper, in a blender or food processor. Blend until it becomes a puree.
4. Place the pork in a small bowl and pour 1/4 cup of the puree sauce over top. Toss until coated. Place the cherries in another small bowl and pour the remaining puree sauce over top. Toss until coated.
5. Use eight 6-inch long skewers and start threading. Place a piece of pork followed by a cherry until each skewer is full. Save the remaining sauce from the CHERRY bowl.
6. Grill the skewers on one side for approximately 2 minutes, until pork releases easily from the grate. Flip the skewers and brush with the sauce from the cherry bowl. Grill approximately 2 minutes more, flip again and brush with the cherry bowl sauce one last time. Keep grilling until the pork turns nearly white in the middle, about 1 or 2 minutes more.
7. Chop cilantro and sprinkle over the top before you serve.
Yield: 4 Servings of 2 Kabobs Each
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave for approximately 2-3 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.