Lemon Pepper Baked Cod
Calories 210 (23% from fat)
Fat 5 gram
Saturated Fat 1.5 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 79 mg.
Sodium 476 mg.
Carb. 7 gram
Fiber 1.2 gram
Sugar 0 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 31 gram
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
3 Tbsp. light butter, melted
(We used Land O' Lakes Light Butter, with Canola Oil.)
1 tsp. Splenda or stevia articial sweetener
1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. lemon-pepper seasoning
buttery cooking spray
4 cod fillets (6 oz. each.)
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
2 tsp. lemon peel, grated
Lemony, buttery and flaky fish. When you’re pressed for time you can throw this recipe together and cook it in under 30 minutes total.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a shallow bowl mix together the lemon juice, butter and Splenda or stevia. Set aside.
3. In a separate shallow bowl mix together the flour, salt, paprika and lemon-pepper seasoning.
4. Lightly coat a 13x9 baking dish with the buttery cooking spray.
5. Dip the fillets FIRST in the lemon-butter juice THEN in the flour mixture. Coat both sides and lightly shake off the excess. Place the fillets in the baking dish.
6. Drizzle the remaining lemon-butter juice over the fillets. Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, until fish just begins to flake.
7. WHILE FISH IS BAKING, mince parsley and grate lemon peel. Mix together and set aside. Once the fish is done, sprinkle the parsley-lemon over top the fillets and serve.
Yield: 4 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave for approximately 1-2 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.