Ham and Veggie Casserole
Calories 325 (25% from fat)
Fat 9 gram
Saturated Fat 4 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 43 mg.
Sodium 1385 mg.
Carb. 26 gram
Fiber 5 gram
Sugar 11 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 30 gram
buttery cooking spray
1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets
1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower
2 tsp. plus 2 Tbsp. light butter, divided
(We used I can't believe it's not Butter! Light.)
1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. whole wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 cups fat free milk
3/4 cup fat free cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
8 ounces (about 1 1/2 cups) cooked ham, cubed
1/4 tsp. pepper
This is a great way to use up leftover ham. Tastes just like the casserole my grandma used to bring to potlucks.
This recipes is higher in sodium. If you're on a low sodium diet, you should consider another option.
1. Lightly coat an 8-inch square cooking pan with buttery cooking spray. Then cook broccoli and cauliflower according to package directions. When finished, preheat over to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small non-stick skillet, melt 2 teaspoons butter over medium heat. Stir in the bread crumbs until combined. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes until lightly toasted. Then remove from heat.
3. In a large non-stick skillet, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir the flour in, then whisk in the milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Continue cooking and whisking for approximately 1-2 minutes, until thickened. Stir in the cheeses until blended. Remove from the heat, then stir in the ham and pepper.
4. Pour the ham and cheese mixture into an 8-inch square pan. Then sprinkle the bread crumbs over the top. Bake uncovered, until heated through for about 10-15 minutes.
5. Divide into 4 servings and enjoy.
Yield: 4 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave for approximately 2 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.