Tomato and Cream Cheese Pie
Calories 206 (38% from fat)
Fat 8.6 gram
Saturated Fat 4 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 17 mg.
Sodium 608 mg.
Carb. 19 gram
Fiber 2.5 gram
Sugar 4 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 13.5 gram
1 freezer pie crust
(We used Pillsbury Pet Ritz Pie Crusts – Deep Dish.)
1 1/2 pounds of heirloom tomatoes
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups meatess ground beef
(We used Gardein Beefless Ground.)
1/2 of an 8 oz. package 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1/2 of an 8 oz. package fat free cream cheese
1 cup fat free cheddar cheese, shredded
1/3 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp. marjoram, dried
1 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme, minced
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. black pepper, coarsely ground
Cheese and pie together? This is a savory treat you can enjoy without breaking the bank on calories. Even if you have seconds, two slices are less than 500 calories.
This recipes is a little high in fat. If you're on a low fat diet, you should consider another option. .
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Take out pie crust and let it thaw for 10 – 20 minutes. Prick the bottom and around the side thoroughly with a fork.
2. Cut tomatoes into slices and lay them on a single layer of paper towels. Sprinkle them with 1/2 a teaspoon of salt and set them aside.
3. Bake the pie crust for 11 to 14 minutes, until it's lightly browned. Then set it aside to cool.
4. Thaw the meatless ground beef. Fastest way is to microwave it on a plate for 2 minutes.
5. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the next six ingredients, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, basil leaves, marjoram, thyme and garlic powder. Spread that evenly in the pie crust. Then spread the meatless ground beef on top of that.
6. Pat the tomatoe slices dry and layer them on top of the cream cheese filling. Then sprinkle the black pepper over top of everything.
7. Bake the pie at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, for 35 – 40 minutes, or until edges are a golden brown and tomatoes are softened.
8. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. You can cover and refrigerate the leftovers, heating them in a microwave for 45 – 60 seconds when you want to serve.
Yield: 8 Servings