Broccoli, Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
Calories 284 (20% from fat)
Fat 6 gram
Saturated Fat 2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 63 mg.
Sodium 784 mg.
Carb. 26 gram
Fiber 2.4 gram
Sugar 4 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 28 gram
buttery cooking spray
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite sized pieces
1 package (14 oz.) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
2 cans 10.5 oz. each of broccoli cheese condensed soup
(We used Campbell's Condensed Soup 98% Fat Free Broccoli Cheese.)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. ground mustard
1 1/2 cups water
1 package (6 oz.) lower sodium chicken stuffing mix
(We used Stove Top Lower Sodium Chicken Stuffing Mix.)
1 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Our tasting panel was looking for something with stuffing in it. We took a simple chicken dish and packed in lots of extra veggies and protein for this creamy casserole.
This recipe is higher in sodium. If you're on a low-sodium diet, you should consider another option.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Lightly coat it with buttery cooking spray.
3. Fry the cut-up chicken for 5 minutes, continually stirring until all sides are browned. Once it's cooked, put it in a large mixing bowl.
4. If the broccoli isn't thawed, put it in a microwave-safe dish and heat it in the microwave for 3-minutes on high. Then put the broccoli into the mixing bowl.
5. Pour the two cans of soup, garlic powder, paprika and ground mustard into the mixing bowl. Stir together until combined.
6. Lightly coat a 13x9 baking dish with buttery cooking spray. Spread the chicken and broccoli mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan.
7. Put 1 1/2 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Pour the stuffing mix in the pot and stir together. Remove from the heat, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
8. Sprinkle the cooked stuffing mix over top of the chicken and broccoli. Then spread the cheese over that.
9. Cover the casserole and bake for 20 minutes. Then remove the cover and bake for another 10-15 minutes until it's heated through.
10. Divide into 8 servings.
Yield: 8 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave on high for approximately 3 minutes. Cut in half and heat for an additional 2 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.