Calories 314 (19% from fat)
Fat 7 gram
Saturated Fat 2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 42 mg.
Sodium 627 mg.
Carb. 42 gram
Fiber 4 gram
Sugar 9 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 23 gram
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound 96% lean ground beef
2 cups onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves (2 tsp.), minced
2 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper, ground
1 can (15 oz.) low sodium tomato sauce
1 can (14.5 oz.) fire roasted tomatoes, diced
3/4 cup unsalted beef broth
2 cups whole wheat elbow macaroni
3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
This is a comfort meal that cooks together all in one dish. Freeze extra servings for later.
1. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add the beef and chop it up with a wooden spoon. Then add onions and stir everything together. Cook until beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix together and cook for 1 minute.
4. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Add the macaroni and cook, uncovered, occasionally stirring until tender, 6 to 9 minutes.
6. Take the goulash from the heat and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
7. Divide into 6 servings of 1.25 cups each. Sprinkle half a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese over each serving.
Yield: 6 Servings of 1 1/4 Cup Each
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave on high for approximately 2 - 2 1/2 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.