Vegetable and Paneer Biryani - Instant Pot
Calories 323 (25% from fat)
Fat 9 gram
Saturated Fat 6 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 25 mg.
Sodium 291 mg.
Carb. 47 gram
Fiber 2 gram
Sugar 4 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 11 gram
2 cups basmati rice
2 cups water
2 Tbsp. ghee, divided
2 cups onion, chopped
2 Tbsp. water
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. cardamom
1/2 tsp. cloves, ground
1/2 tsp. black pepper, ground
2 bay leaves
1 cup carrots, chopped lengthwise into 1-inch x 1/4 inch strips
1 cup green beans, chopped into 1-inch pieces
1 cup white mushrooms, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1 can (11 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
1 cup (6 oz.) paneer cubed into 1/2 inch cubes
2 tsp. ginger
2 tsp. garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. red chili powder
1 tsp. garam masala
2 tsp. No Salt Sodium-Free Salt Alternative
1 tsp. fresh mint, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups water
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
We were sent this recipe that was posted on ministryofcurry.com. The original was good but too high in fat and salt. So we made some changes and ended up with a winner. It's tasty and filling without making you tired. You can take frozen servings, and in less than 5 minutes, have a delicious dinner ready.
1. Rinse and soak the rice in 2 cups of water for 20 minutes. Drain the water after 20 minutes.
2. Set the Instant Pot to saute mode and put 1 tablespoon of the ghee in the pot. Once it's melted, add the onions and saute for 5-7 minutes until the onions are lightly caramelized. Take half the onions out and reserve for garnish.
3. Deglaze the pot with 2 tablespoons of water. Stir the remaining onions around.
4. Add the remaining tablespoon of ghee, cumin, cardamom, cloves, pepper, and bay leaves. Combine with the onions.
5. Stir in all the vegetables, carrots, green beans, mushrooms, bell pepper, corn and paneer.
6. Thoroughly mix in the ginger, garlic, turmeric chili powder, garam masala and No Salt.
7. Stir in the mint, salt and rice. Then pour the remaining 2 cups of water over the top. Make sure most of the rice is underwater.
8. Close the Instant Pot and set the pressure valve to seal. Turn Pressure Cook on High and set the cooking time for 6 minutes.
9. When the timer goes off, quick release and open the Instant Pot, divide into 8 servings of about 1 1/4 cups each. Garnish each serving with the reserved onions and cilantro.
Yield: 8 Servings, Approximately 1 1/4 Cup Per Serving
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave on high for approximately 3 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.