Calories 200 (29% from fat)
Fat 6.5 gram
Saturated Fat 3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 82 mg.
Sodium 955 mg.
Carb. 14 gram
Fiber 1 gram
Sugar 5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 21 gram
2 cups fat free cottage cheese
1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
8 oz. lowfat feta cheese, crumbled
6 Tbsp. white-wheat flour
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
2 large whole eggs
4 large egg whites
buttery cooking spray
This is a cheesy delight you can use as a side dish or meatless entree.
Notice: This dish is higher in sodium. If you're on a low-salt diet, you should consider another option.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine the cottage cheese, spinach and feta in a mixing bowl.
3. Stir in the flour, pepper and salt.
4. Add the eggs and mix well.
5. Lightly coat an 8x8 inch square pan with buttery cooking spray. Spoon the casserole mixture into the pan and bake, uncovered, for about 1 hour until thermometer reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before dividing into 6 servings.
Yield: 6 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave on high for approximately 3 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.