Thai Chicken Curry - Instant Pot
Calories 520 (23% from fat)
Fat 13 gram
Saturated Fat 6.6 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 53 mg.
Sodium 838 mg.
Carb. 66 gram
Fiber 7 gram
Sugar 12 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 31 gram
1 1/4 cups basmati rice
2 cups unsalted chicken broth
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. ginger, minced
(You can also use ginger paste.)
2 cloves (2 tsp.) garlic, minced
2 cups onion, chopped
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite sized pieces
4 medium (approx. 2-3/4” long, 2-1/2 dia) sweet red peppers, chopped LENGTHWISE
4 cups broccoli florets, chopped
2 medium zucchini (about 7 oz. each), chopped
1 1/2 cups of carrots, peeled and thinly sliced into strips (juliened) up to 3 inches long
1 jar (4 oz. or about 1/2 cup) red curry paste
2 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
1 cup coconut MILK
2/3 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1 lime cut into 5 wedges
5 green onions, chopped
Elevate your midweek dinners with this Thai Chicken Curry. There's a medley of colorful vegetables and a creamy coconut milk base. The cooking is simple; the hardest part is prepping all the vegetables.
1. Add the rice and 2 cups of chicken broth to the Instant Pot. Close the lid and use the "Pressure Cook" button. Set the pressure to "High" and the timer for 3 minutes.
2. [While rice is cooking, GO TO STEPS 5 and 6, prepare the ingredients. Return to step 3 when the timer goes off.]
3. Once the timer goes off, let the pressure release for 10 minutes, THEN vent the remaining steam with the quick release.
4. Fluff the rice with the fork. Scrape any rice from the bottom of the pot. Put the rice in a bowl, cover and set aside. Clean out the pot to use it for the main dish.
5. Cut up the ginger, garlic, onion, chicken breast, red peppers, broccoli, zucchini, carrots and cilantro. Set those ingredients aside.
6. Prepare the remaining ingredients so you can simply dump them into the Instant Pot.
7. Press the saute button on the instant pot. Once it's hot, add the olive oil, ginger, garlic and onion. Stir, cooking for one minute.
8. After one minute, add the chicken, red peppers, broccoli, zucchini, carrots and red curry paste. Mix well.
9. Stir in the soy sauce, coconut milk, chicken broth and cilantro. Mix GENTLY. Cancel the saute function.
10. Put the lid on the instant pot. Set on high temperature for 7 minutes. Once it's finished, release the pressure before opening.
11. Stir in the 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Taste and adjust the lime, red curry paste and soy sauce if needed.
12. Divide the rice into five servings. Then divide the Thai chicken into five servings and put that over the rice. Top each with green onions and serve with a wedge of lime.
Yield: 5 Servings
You can keep individual servings in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape. Microwave on high for approximately 4 minutes, mix it together and heat on high for 2 more minutes.