Quick Bruschetta Chicken Bake
Calories 263 (20% from fat)
Fat 6 gram
Saturated Fat 3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 49 mg.
Sodium 407 mg.
Carb. 22 gram
Fiber 1 gram
Sugar 3 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 30 gram
olive oil cooking spray
1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasted, cut into cubes
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 can (15 oz.) reduced sodium diced tomatoes with juice
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
1 box (6 oz.) chicken flavored dry bread stuffing mix
(We used Stove Top Lower Sodium Chicken Stuffing Mix.)
2 cups reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
Have you ever noticed that boxes of food often have recipes on them? This one appeared on a box of Stove Top Stuffing, and it's delicious.
1. Lightly coat a 9x13 casserole dish with olive oil or olive oil spray. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut the chicken into cubes. Then, toss it in a large mixing bowl with balsamic vinegar. Once it's coated, put the chicken in the bottom of the baking dish.
3. Pour the tomatoes into a large bowl. Add the water, garlic and stuffing mix. Stir together and set aside to soften.
4. Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top of the chicken.
5. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning on top of the cheese.
6. Spread the stuffing mixture over top of the chicken.
7. Bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes until the chicken cubes are white and no longer pink inside.
Yield: 8 Servings
You can keep individual servings in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape. Microwave on high for approximately 2 minutes, mix it together then heat on high for 1 more minute.