Bean and Chicken Salad
Calories 248 (12% from fat)
Fat 3.3 gram
Saturated Fat .5 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 48 mg.
Sodium 542 mg.
Carb. 30 gram
Fiber 8.5 gram
Sugar 8 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 26 gram
One 15.5 oz. can of chick peas
One 14.5 oz. can of cut green beans (no salt added)
One 15.25 oz. can of whole kernel corn (no salt added)
One 15.5 oz. can of red kidney beans
1 medium red onion
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
8 Tbsp. (1/2 cup) fat free french dressing
1. Drain the cans of chick peas, cut green beans, whole kernel corn and red kidney beans and pour them all into a large salad bowl.
2. Chop up red onion and mix it in with the ingredients in the salad bowl.
3. Chop up the chicken and cook it in a non-stick cooking pan with fat-free spray until browned and cooked through. (Approximately 8-10 minutes.)
4. Mix chicken and salad dressing in with rest of salad. Toss to combine and refrigerate overnight.
5. Salad is ready to serve the next morning and will store well in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Serving size is approximately 6.5 oz. or 1 full cup.
Yield: 8 Servings