Turkey, Cranberry & Wild Rice Salad
Calories 398 (11% from fat)
Fat 10.6 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 47 mg.
Sodium 45 mg.
Carb 52 gram
Fiber 5.8 gram
Sugar 19 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 24 gram
1 cup wild rice blend
(We chose a brand that did not include much sodium.)
1 cup cooked turkey breast, chopped
2 stalks celery (about 1 cup), sliced
4 scallions (about 1/2 cup), thinly sliced
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
1/2 cup pecans, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
OPTIONAL - 1 Tbsp. sugar free honey, per serving
(We used HoneyTree's Sugar Free Imitation Honey.)
Salads are typically things you make when you're ready to eat. This is one you can make up to two days in advance, then enjoy it at your leisure. We drizzled a little bit of sugar free honey over the top for a perfect finish.
1. Prepare the rice according to package directions.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the turkey breast, celery, scallions and cranberries. Then stir in the rice after it's cooked.
3. Pour dressing over the salad and mix together. Then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, up to two days.
4. Just before serving, toast the pecans. To toast pecans, heat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Then spread pecans evenly across a baking sheet. (Line it with parchment paper if you want to keep the pecans from sticking, without using butter.)
5. Toast nuts for approximately 5 minutes, then use a spatula and turn them. After another 5-10 minutes, once the nuts start to turn darker, remove them from the oven. Then pour them into the rice mixture and stir everything together. Divide into 4 servings and enjoy.
Yield: 4 Servings