Green Bean Salad
Calories 164 (16% from fat)
Fat 5 gram
Saturated Fat 0.6 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 0 mg.
Sodium 197 mg.
Carb 23 gram
Fiber 7 gram
Sugar 8.5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 6 gram
1 cup vidalia or sweet onion, chopped
2 cans (14.5 oz. each) no salt added French green beans, drained
1 can (14.5 oz.) wax beans, drained
1 can (16 oz.) reduced sodium dark red kidney beans, NOT DRAINED
1 cup apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 Tbsp. lite brown sugar
(We used Splenda Brown Sugar Blend.)
1 tsp. celery seed
1/2 tsp. black pepper, ground
A tangy and tasty green bean salad that takes just minutes to prepare.
1. Chop the onion and put it in a mixing bowl.
2. Drain the cans of French green beans and wax beans. Stir them and the kidney beans (that have not been drained) in the mixing bowl with the onion.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients, vinegar, olive oil, brown sugar, celery seed and black pepper.
4. Pour the apple cider vinegar mix over the beans, stir together and cover the bowl. Then let is marinate for 2 hours. Stir and let sit for 1 more hour. Drain the vinegar mixture out and the beans are ready to serve.
5. Serve with a slotted spoon so the juice remains behind.
This can be made in advance, covered and stored in the refrigerator up to two days. Some people like the taste better after it’s been chilled a couple hours.
Yield: 6 Servings (Serving Size About 1 Cup Each)