Calories 231 (25% from fat)
Fat 6.5 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 3 mg.
Sodium 601 mg.
Carb 24 gram
Fiber 4 gram
Sugar 1.6 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 20 gram
16-20 cups of water
1 pound whole grain rotini pasta
(We used Barilla Whole Grain Rotini.)
buttery cooking spray
1 package (12.95 oz.) vegetarian sausage
(We used Field Roast Vegetarian Italian Grain Meat Sausage.)
3 medium (2.5 inches in diameter) tomatoes, diced
4 cups (16 oz.) fat free cheddar cheese, shredded
2 Tbsp. green onions, sliced
1/4 cup olive oil
2/3 cup reduced fat Parmesan topping, grated
(We used Kraft Reduced Fat Parmesan Style Grated Topping.)
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
A tangy and tasty green bean salad that takes just minutes to prepare.
1. Bring about 16-20 cups (4-6 quarts) of water to a boil in a large pot. Then add the pasta to the boiling water.
2. Boil for 9 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you like pasta a little more tender, boil an additional minute. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Lightly coat with buttery cooking spray. Chop up the vegetarian sausages and saute them for 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the vegetarian sausage, pasta, tomatoes, cheddar cheese and green onions.
5. In a small mixing bowl whisk together the olive oil, Parmesan topping, red wine vinegar, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
6. Pour the olive oil mixture over the pasta and toss/stir to coat and combine. Cover and refrigerate for several hours till it's nicely chilled and serve.
Yield: 16 Servings (Serving Size 1 Cup Each)