Tangy Tomatillo Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Calories 65 (27% from fat)
Fat 2 gram
Saturated Fat 0 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 0 mg.
Sodium 287 mg.
Carb 7 gram
Fiber 1.7 gram
Sugar 3 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 2 gram
1 cup loosely packed sun dried tomatoes in oil, with the oil drained
(We used Flora Sun-Dried Tomatoes in Oil 10.22 oz. container, drained.)
1 1/2 pounds large tomatillos, husked, rinsed, cut into 1/2 inch wedges then cut in half
1 large jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
2 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
2 tsp garlic, minced
3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper, ground
1/3 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
Tomatillos taste a little like sour apples. Mixed with the sun-dried tomatoes they make a bright and refreshing salad.
1. After you drain the sun dried tomatoes, pat them dry and coarsely chop them. Then put them in a large bowl.
2. Husk, rinse and chop the tomatillos and add them to the bowl.
3. Seed and chop the jalapeno and add that to the bowl. (Skip this step if you don't like things spicy.)
4. Stir in the ginger, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
5. Cover and put in the refrigerator. Let it marinate for 15 minutes, up to 4 hours.
6. Sprinkle cilantro over each plate just before serving.
Yield: 8 Servings