Deviled Egg Noodle Salad
Calories 326 (25% from fat)
Fat 9 gram
Saturated Fat 0 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 0 mg.
Sodium 1144 mg.
Carb 51 gram
Fiber 4 gram
Sugar 5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 9 gram
1 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp. white vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. paprika
1/3 tsp. back pepper, ground
1/3 tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
3 tsp. hot sauce, or to taste
3/4 tsp. reduced sodium Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp. white sugar
5 quarts (20 cups) water
1/2 tsp. salt
12 oz. egg noodles
(We used one 12-oz package of No Yolks Enriched Egg White Paste Dumplings.)
2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
(We used orange bell peppers to blend in with the carrots.)
3/4 cup celery, thinly sliced
1/3 cup green onion (scallions), white and light green sections, sliced
3/4 cup carrots, shredded
1 tsp. kosher salt, or more to taste
The original version of this recipe was on AllRecipes.com. We liked it so much, we upped the ingredients so it would make six full meals. You can store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to two days.
This recipe is higher in sodium. If you're on a reduced sodium diet, you might want to consider another option.
1. Combine the nine dressing ingredients together in a large bowl and whisk together. Cover and refrigerate until needed later.
2. Bring the water to a rapid boil. Add 1/2 tsp. salt to reduce stickiness.
3. Gradually stir in the noodles and return to a rapid boil. Cook uncovered for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain well and transfer to a mixing bowl. DO NOT RINSE.
4. Add remaining ingredients, bell pepper, celery, green onion, carrot and salt to the noodles. Pour in the dressing and toss well to combine.
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. For best taste, toss at 45 minutes and at an hour and a half while cooling.
6. Toss just before serving.
Yield: 6 Servings, About 1 1/2 Cups Per Serving