Sweet Potatoes and Black Beans Instant Pot
Calories 470 (27% from fat)
Fat 14 gram
Saturated Fat 3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 281 mg.
Sodium 1074 mg.
Carb 62 gram
Fiber 14 gram
Sugar 13 gram
Sugar Alcohol 1.5 gram
Protein 24 gram
Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette Ingredients
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. Sugar-free honey
(We used Honey Tree's Sugar Free Imitation Honey.)
2 tsp. red onion, minced
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper, ground
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 cup water
6 whole large eggs, hard boiled
1 bowl of ice water
4 cups peeled sweet potato, cubed
2 cups red onion, chopped
2 cups bell peppers
(We used one yellow and one red.)
2 tsp. olive oil
1 can (15 oz.) reduced sodium black beans, drained
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper, ground
2 tsp. lemon juice
8 cups baby spinach
4 Tbsp. Dijon mustard vinaigrette
(Use the Dijon mustard vinaigrette you made in the first step.)
2 cups fat free feta cheese
This was a hearty salad we mixed together that kept improving as we ate it.
1. If you don't already have some Dijon mustard vinaigrette, make it with the first seven ingredients, vegetable oil, through Dijon mustard. Combine all the ingredients in a clean jar, put the lid on tight and shake until thoroughly blended. Store in the refrigerator until you're ready to use. It will last five days refrigerated.
2. Place a steamer rack inside the instant pot. Add 1 cup of water, then place the eggs on the steam rack. Put the lid on, select Pressure Cook, and set the temperature on High for 5 minutes. After cooking, release the steam vent (pressure) before opening the lid. Set the eggs in a bowl of ice water.
3. Peel and chop the sweet potato into one-and-a-half-inch cubes. Chop the onion and bell peppers into cubes as well.
4. Peel the eggs, cut them in half and set them aside.
5. Remove the steamer rack from the instant pot and empty the water. Add the olive oil to the pot and spread it around on the bottom. Pour in the drained black beans, sweet potato, onion and bell peppers.
6. Sprinkle the salt, pepper and lemon juice over the top, then stir it all together. Put the lid on the instant pot, select Pressure Cook and set the temperature on High for 3 minutes. After cooking, release the steam vent (pressure) before opening the lid.
7. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, put the spinach in a large mixing bowl and pour four tablespoons of the Dijon mustard vinaigrette over the top. Cover the bowl and toss until the spinach is thoroughly coated.
8. Put 2 cups of spinach onto each plate, for a total of 4 plates.
9. When the sweet potatoes are done, stir in the feta cheese, then divide it between the four plates. Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and put three egg halves on each plate. You can drizzle a little extra Dijon mustard vinaigrette over each plate if you want.
10. Serve with some hot sauce for people who like a little kick. Enjoy!
Yield: 4 Servings