Shrimp Scampi Spinach Salad
Calories 251 (36% from fat)
Fat 10 gram
Saturated Fat 2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 275 mg.
Sodium 681 mg.
Carb 9 gram
Fiber 3.6 gram
Sugar 3 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 35 gram
2 Tbsp. reduced fat butter
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 pounds of uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. coarsley ground pepper
6 ounces (about 8 cups) fresh baby spinach
1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
3 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
4 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 lemon cut into four wedges
This has the rich flavors of shrimp with the fresh tastes of salad. It's a little higher in fat than our typical meals, but it's very low calorie.
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once it's warm, add the butter and melt it.
2. Add the garlic and shrimp to the pan and saute until the shrimp turn pink, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Lightly season with salt and pepper, then remove from the heat and set aside.
4. Assemble the salads. Start with 1 cup of baby spinach on each plate.
5. Put 1/4 cup of tomatoes on each plate, saving the remaining half a cup.
6. Divide the cooked shrimp between the 4 plates.
7. Put the remaining spinach on top of the shrimp, about 1 cup per plate. Then divide the remaining tomatoes between the plates.
8. Pour the remaining butter from cooking the shrimp, a little bit on each plate.
9. Over the top, sprinkle the almonds, parsley and 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese on each salad.
10. Squeeze a lemon wedge over each one and serve.
Yield: 4 Servings