Lime Honey Fruit Salad
Calories 161 (2% from fat)
Fat 0.4 gram
Saturated Fat 0 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 0 mg.
Sodium 3 mg.
Carb 45 gram
Fiber 3.6 gram
Sugar 25 gram
Sugar Alcohol 11 gram
Protein 1 gram
2 cups seedless green grapes
2 cups seedless red grapes
2 cups apple, cored and cubed
(We liked Pinky Lady or Cosmic Crisp Apples.)
2 cups pears, cored and cubed
1/4 cup lime juice
1 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup sugar free honey
(We used Honey Tree's Sugar Free Imitation Honey.)
1/2 tsp. poppy seeds
Juicy green and red grapes meet the crispness of Pink Lady or Cosmic Crisp apples and succulent pears. But the real magic? A zesty lime glaze, elevated with sugar-free honey and a sprinkle of poppy seeds. This delightful combo not only ensures your fruits stay fresh and zingy but also gives an unexpected burst of flavor in every bite.
1. Cut up the fruit, leave the skins on and put it all in a large bowl.
2. Put the lime juice in a small bowl and add the cornstarch. Stir it together and microwave on high for 20 seconds.
3. Mix the lime juice and cornstarch, then return to the microwave and heat on high again for 15 more seconds.
4. The lime and cornstarch combination should start to thicken. Add the honey and poppy seeds and mix together.
5. Pour the lime mixture over the chopped fruit; toss to coat. Then cover and refrigerate overnight. The lime juice will help it stay tasty up to 2 days after you make it.
6. When you're ready to eat, it's one heaping cup full per person.
Yield: 6 Servings, About 1 Full Cup Per Serving