Turkey Meatball Sandwich
Calories 437 (28% from fat)
Fat 13.5 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 60 mg.
Sodium 777 mg.
Carb. 60 gram
Fiber 3.95 gram
Sugar 15 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 39.25 gram
2 egg whites
3 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread
(We used Cobblestone Mill 9 Grain.)
1/2 cup soy milk
(We used Edensoy Extra - but to reduce fat you can use a low-fat or fat-free milk.)
1/2 small yellow onion, minced
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
Pepper to taste
1 lb. ground turkey breast
(We used Butterball Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast.)
4 French rolls
(We used Pepperidge Farm Hot & Crusty twin French and used each half loaf for 1 sandwich.)
1.5 cups low-far marinara sauce
(We used Walnut Acres organic Low-Sodium Tomato & Basil pasta sauce.)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Soak bread in milk in medium bowl. In separate bowl lightly beat egg whites. Break bread into small pieces and add to egg whites.
3. Add onions, parsley, pepper and turkey. Mix well.
4. Use ice cream scoop and make uniform 2-inch meatballs. Place them on baking sheet and put in lower rack of oven for 12 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink inside.
5. Remove meatballs from oven and place in serving bowl. Pour the sauce over the meatballs and mix to cover them.
6. Serve two meatballs per sandwich rolls. Eat up!
Yield: 4 Servings