Calories 354 (18% from fat)
Fat 7 gram
Saturated Fat .05 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 58 mg.
Sodium 1017 mg.
Carb. 42.5 gram
Fiber 3 gram
Sugar 11 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 34 gram
4 english muffins cut in half
(We used Thomas' Honey Wheat.)
1/2 cup chopped green onions (shallots)
2 celery stalks diced
1/2 cup fat free mayo
(We used Miracle Whip.)
4 tsp. worcestershire sauce
4 tsp. horseradish
2 tsp. honey mustard
(We used French's Honey Mustard.)
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
3 - 6 oz. cans of reduced sodium chunk light tuna in water
8 tomatoe slices (approx. 2 whole tomatoes)
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded fat free sharp cheddar cheese
1. Put muffins in toaster and toast until lightly brown.
2. Dice green onions and celery stalk. Drain the cans of tuna fish.
3. Combine green onions, celery stalk, fat free mayo, worcestershire sauce, horseradish, honey mustard, ground red pepper and tuna in a bowl.
4. Pre-heat over to Broil. Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil.
5. Spread tuna mixture evenly on top of muffin halves. Then add a tomatoe slice (cut into 4) to each muffin. Top each muffin with approximately 2 Tbsp. cheese.
6. Broil for approximately 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 4 Servings
FREEZER NOTE: You can save this for freezing two ways.
A. Freeze the entire tuna melt (with cheese and tomatoe) and then simply re-heat it in the microwave for approximately 5 minutes.
B. Freeze just the tuna over toast. When you're ready to eat, re-heat the tuna over toast, put a fresh tomatoe slice (cut in 4) on top, coat with cheese and broil for approximately 5 minutes. This comes out more crisp, but takes slightly longer to make.