Calories 471 (26% from fat)
Fat 13.6 gram
Saturated Fat 3.4 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 66 mg.
Sodium 338 mg.
Carb. 55 gram
Fiber 8 gram
Sugar 12 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 34 gram
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1/2 cup of water
2 Tbsp. chocolate chips
(We used Nestle/Toll House morsels.)
4 four oz. skinless boneless chicken breast
fat free cooking spray
1 cup avocado, peeled, seeded and cubed
4 Tbsp. fat free mayo
(We used fat free Miracle Whip.)
1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
4 medium (6" diameter) whole-wheat pita breads
(We used Toufayan Bakeries Whole Wheat Pita Bread.)
12 cherry tomatoes cut in half
2 cups shredded lettuce
(We used romaine lettuce.)
1 cup papaya, peeled, seeded and diced
1. Chop up the bell pepper, 1/4 cup of onion and mince 3 cloves of garlic. Warm up a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the canola oil to the pan and cook the bell pepper, onion and garlic in it for 4 to 5 minutes until the onion is brown.
2. Pour in ½ cup of water to the pan, reduce the heat to medium and stir in the chocolate chips. Continue cooking and stirring until the mixture bubbles and thickens, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour everything into a blender or food processor. Wipe the pan clean.
3. Separate chicken into four 4 oz. servings, then warm up the non-stick pan over medium heat again. Once it's warm, spray with fat free cooking spray and cook both sides of the chicken until they're tender and the insides are no longer pink. (Typically 12 to 15 minutes.) Take them off the heat and slice each chicken breast in half, cutting them lengthwise so they're the same size, just thinner.
4. Put the avocado, fat free mayo, red pepper, cloves and nutmeg in the blender with the onion and chocolate mixture. Blend until smooth. This is the mole sauce.
5. Cut the pita bread in half and stuff each half with one of the chicken halves. Pour ¼ cup of the mole sauce, the cherry tomatoes, shredded lettuce and 2 tablespoons of papaya into each pita bread half. Two pita halves make one serving.
Yield: 4 Servings