Whole Wheat Sloppy Joe "Hot Pockets"
Whole Wheat Sloppy Joe "Hot Pockets" Ingredients (Simple!)
Calories 318 (25% from fat)
Fat 8.9 gram
Saturated Fat 3.4 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Chol. 35 mg.
Sodium 988 mg.
Carb. 37 gram
Fiber 4 gram
Sugar 8.1 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 22.8 gram
Non-stick cooking spray
1.25 lbs. extra lean ground turkey breast (99% fat free)
2 1/2 cups pasta sauce
(We used Classico Four Cheese Pasta Sauce.)
2 tsp. chili powder
1 container (17.3oz or 490g) Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Golden Wheat Reduced Fat Biscuits
1/2 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
1. Pre-heat non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, lightly coat with non-stick cooking spray. Add the ground turkey to the skillet, stir to crumble.
2. After cooking for about 4 minutes, add the classico four cheese sauce and chili powder to the pan; continue cooking for an additional 8-10 minutes. The turkey is done when it reaches a temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Once turkey is cooked, remove from heat and set aside. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Then open the Pillsbury Grands, lay the biscuits out and smash them down so they're flat and big, preferably the size of a coffee cup saucer.
5. Scoop 1/3 cup of the turkey mixture and place it on half the biscuit, then sprinkle a tablespoon of the shredded cheese on top of each one. Fold the biscuit in half, completely covering the sauce and lightly pinch the edges.
6. Put the trays in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 9-12 minutes, until a golden brown.
Yield: 8 Servings
You can freeze individual sandwiches for easy re-heating later BUT you may not like how they come back. When re-heated, the bread comes back VERY hard. Half our tasting panel liked it, the other half did not. So we're leaving it up to you to decide if you want to do it or not.
Microwave each sandwich for approximately 2-3 minutes with a damp rag over the top to keep it moist. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.