Fully Loaded Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
Calories 542 (34% from fat)
Fat 21 gram
Saturated Fat 4 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 186 mg.
Sodium 721 mg.
Carb. 78 gram
Fiber 13 gram
Sugar 8 gram
Sugar Alcohol 14 gram
Protein 25 gram
2 slices whole wheat bread
(We used a lower calorie Dave's Killer Bread Thin-Sliced 70 calories per slice bread.)
1 veggie chicken pattie
(We used Morning Star Farms Original Chik Patties.)
1 Tbsp. reduced fat peanut butter
1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar free jam
(We used Smucker's Sugar Free Seedless Strawberry Jam.)
buttery cooking spray
1 large whole egg
1 Tbsp. sugar free honey
(We used Honey Tree's Sugar Free Imitation Honey.)
A friend raved about a “fully loaded” sandwich she got at a diner on vacation. Peanut butter, jelly and honey all sounded great together. But this sandwich also piled on chicken and an egg over the top. The original was amazing, but packed over 800 calories.
We gave it a recipe makeover. Our remade version kept an over the top taste, but chopped out 300 calories. You can prepare this sandwich, from start to finish in under 10 minutes.
1. Put the bread in the toaster and start it.
2. Put the veggie chicken pattie in the microwave and heat it up. Morningstar Chik Patties heat for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
3. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
4. When the toast is done, cover one slice with a tablespoon of peanut butter. Cover the other slice with 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar free jam.
5. Lightly spray the non-stick pan with cooking spray. Then fry up the egg.
6. Put the finished piece of veggie chicken on the peanut butter side of the toast.
7. Flip the egg. When it's finished, put it on the veggie chicken pattie. Pour 1 tablespoon of sugar free honey over it and top with the jam covered toast.
8. Slice in half and enjoy.
Yield: 1 Serving