Veggie Meatball Sub
Calories 540 (21% from fat)
Fat 13 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 0 mg.
Sodium 1537 mg.
Carb. 76 gram
Fiber 13 gram
Sugar 20 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 31 gram
4 vegan meatballs
(We used Gardein Classic Meatless Meatballs.)
1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1 tsp. garlic (1 clove), minced
buttery cooking spray
6-inch whole wheat sub
1/2 cup spinach
3/4 cup pasta sauce
(We used Classico Four Cheese Pasta Sauce.)
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
A veggie meatball sub that tastes so good, you'll forget it's made from vegetables. This recipe is higher in sodium. If you're on a low sodium diet, you should choose another option.
1. Prepare the meatballs according to instructions on the package.
2. Cut up the bell pepper, onion and garlic.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Add the peppers and onions to pan and saute for 3-4 minutes, then add garlic and saute for another minute.
6. Slice the sub down the middle and slightly stretch open. Add the spinach, then the vegetables, meatballs and top with the sauce.
7. Place the sub in the oven on a baking sheet and toast for 5-7 minutes, until the edges turn crispy.
Yield: 1 Serving