Chicken Gyros - Instant Pot
Calories 349 (19% from fat)
Fat 7 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 104 mg.
Sodium 875 mg.
Carb. 20 gram
Fiber 3.6 gram
Sugar 4 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 54 gram
3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat (you can use frozen or thawed)
2 cups onion, thinly sliced
9 garlic cloves (9 tsp.), minced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. allspice, ground
1 Tbsp. lemon pepper seasoning
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup lower sodium chicken or vegetable broth
8 whole wheat pita bread
(We used Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Pita Bread.)
4 cups fresh spinach
8 oz. grape tomatoes, sliced
1 container (5 oz.) fat free feta cheese crumbles
1 cup (8 oz.) plain fat free Greek yogurt
(We used Fage Total 0% Milkfat.)
1 cucumber (8 inches or 10.6 oz.), peeled, seeded and diced into tiny pieces
1 Tbsp. dried dill
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
Chicken cooked to tender perfection with just the right amount of spices and creamy cucumber yogurt on top. It's filling but each serving has less than 350 calories. We found the original recipe on 365 Days of Crock Pot and we recommend that site for lots of tasty and easy recipes.
1. Put the first 10 ingredients, chicken, onion, garlic, olive oil, oregano, allspice, lemon pepper, lemon juice. red wine vinegar and broth into an Instant Pot.
2. Cover and press the manual button. Set the timer for 20 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes to get up to pressure if your chicken is thawed, and about twice that if your chicken is frozen. Once the timer goes off, let the pressure decrease naturally for about 10-15 minutes, then move the valve to venting.
3. While the chicken is cooking, mix up the tzatziki sauce. (Instructions below.)
4. Remove the lid once it's cooked. Use a slotted spoon and take the chicken out of the pot and put it on a cutting board. Then use a pair of forks and shred the chicken.
5. Return the shredded chicken to the Instant Pot. Stir it together and let it marinate until you're ready to make the gyros. You can divide the chicken into individual servings and freeze them for easy reheating later.
6. Place gyro on a plate, cover it with 1/2 cup of spinach leaves and 3/4 cup of drained and shredded chicken.
7. Spread 2 1/2 tablespoons of tzatziki sauce on top, about 10 slices of grape tomatoes and feta cheese over the top.
Tzatziki Sauce Instructions
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt, cucumber, dill, kosher salt and garlic powder.
2. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cover and refrigerate until you make the gyros.
Yield: 8 Servings