Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwich - Instant Pot
Calories 475 (22% from fat)
Fat 11 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 120 mg.
Sodium 1603 mg.
Carb. 52 gram
Fiber 4 gram
Sugar 6 gram
Sugar Alcohol 17 gram
Protein 42 gram
1 cup water
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
1/2 cup sugar free honey
(We used Honey Tree's Sugar Free Imitation Honey.)
2/3 cup light mayonnaise
(We used Kraft Light Mayo.)
1 tsp. black pepper, ground
8 whole wheat hamburger buns
(We used Dave's Killer Bread Organic Burger Buns.)
24 dill pickle slices
Tender chicken from the Instant Pot and a sweet/tangy sauce to bring it all together.
This recipe is higher in sodium. If you're on a low sodium diet, you should consider another option.
1. Add the water to the Instant Pot. Place trivet in the pot and put the chicken on top of the trivet. Sprinkle the chicken with the salt.
2. Lock the lid on the pot and set the valve to sealing. Turn the temperature to 15 minutes for thawed chicken and 20 minutes for frozen chicken.
3. When the time is up, let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
4. While the chicken is cooking, mix together the mustard, honey, mayonnaise and black pepper in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
5. Take the chicken out of the Instant Pot and use a pair of forks to shred it.
6. Put the chicken in the honey mustard sauce and mix together.
7. Lightly toast the hamburger buns. Put 1/2 a cup of the chicken, tightly packed, on the hamburger bun. Add three pickle slices on top and serve.
Yield: 8 Servings, 1/2 Cup of Chicken Per Serving
Freeze the chicken in individual serving containers, 1/2 cup tightly packed per serving.
Crack the top and microwave for approximately 3 minutes.
Toast the hamburger bun, add the chicken and top with three pickles per serving.