Vegetarian Bologna Salad Sandwich
Calories 343 (27% from fat)
Fat 10 gram
Saturated Fat 1.5 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 0 mg.
Sodium 696 mg.
Carb. 45 gram
Fiber 7 gram
Sugar 7 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 22 gram
6 large eggs
11 oz. plant based deli slices
(We used 2 packages of Tofurky Plant-Based Deli Sliced Peppered.)
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
(We used Hellmann's Light Mayonnaise.)
1 cup no sugar added sweet relish
(We used Mt. Olive No Sugar Added Sweet Relish.)
16 slices whole wheat bread
A sweet vegetarian bologna spread on toasted whole wheat bread. If you like sweet relish you'll love this sandwich.
1. Place the eggs in a small pot and cover them with cold water. Be careful not to drop the eggs into the water or crack them.
2. Put the pot on high heat and bring the water to a rolling boil. Then remove the pan from the heat and cover it.
3. Set a timer and let the eggs sit for 12 minutes. Then drain and put the eggs in a bowl filled with cold water and ice cubes. Crack the eggs slightly before putting them in the ice water.
4. Let the eggs sit for 1 hour before you peel them. This guarantees it will be easier to remove the shell. Keep the white part and discard the yolk.
5. Finely chop the vegan deli slices. Then put the egg whites and deli slices in a food processor or meat grinder and mash the two together.
6. Put the bologna mash, mayonnaise and relish together in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly, cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours, until chilled.
7. Toast two slices of bread for each sandwich. Spread half a cup of the salad spread on the toast, cut in half and serve. You can store the remaining salad spread in the refrigerator for up to 4 days if covered.
Yield: 8 Servings, 1 Sandwich Per Serving