Roasted Shallots and Brussels Sprouts
Calories 141 (25% from fat)
Fat 3.9 gram
Saturated Fat 0.4 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 0 mg.
Sodium 182 mg.
Carb. 25 gram
Fiber 5.8 gram
Sugar 2.5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 6 gram
24 medium (approx. 1 ounce each) shallots
olive oil spray
2 pounds Brussels sprouts
1/2 tsp salt, kosher
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Then chop off the ends of the shallots and peel them. Place them in a 9x13 roasting dish and spray with olive oil spray. Cover with foil, put shallots in the oven and let them roast for 45 minutes.
2. While the shallots are cooking, take the outer leaves off the Brussels sprouts and trim the stems. Cut the larger ones into quarters and the smaller ones in half.
3. Once the shallots have finished their first 45 minutes, mix the Brussels sprouts in with them, lightly coat with olive oil spray (again) and sprinkle with salt.
4. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and roast for another 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss everything twice, once after 10 minutes and again after 20 minutes.
5. Dish is ready once the Brussels sprouts are tender and the shallots are browned.
Yield: 8 Servings
Freeze this recipe for easy re-heating later. Make sure it's tightly sealed inside freezer safe containers.
Microwave each serving for approximately 1 - 2 minutes, depending on microwave strength.