Brussels Sprouts with Mustard Sauce
Calories 111 (0% from fat)
Fat 0 gram
Saturated Fat 0 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 0 mg.
Sodium 126 mg.
Carb. 22 gram
Fiber 4 gram
Sugar 3.2 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 4 gram
1 cup water
2 lbs. frozen brussels sprouts
1/2 cup water
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1 packet of Herb ox Sodium Free Chicken Bouillon
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp Sodium free salt alternative
(We used No Salt.)
1 tsp. Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1 tsp. Worchestershire sauce
2 tsp. lemon juice
1. Pour 1 cup water and 2 lbs. of frozen brussels sprouts in a saucepan. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, separate the vegetables with a fork, reduce heat to medium and cover. Continue simmering 7-9 minutes or until desired tenderness is reached.
2. While the brussels sprouts are cooking, mix together the 1/2 cup water and cornstarch in a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a medium sauce pan, mix together 1/2 cup water, 1 packet of Herb ox bouillon, Dijon mustard, dry mustard, salt alternative, Splenda brown sugar, Worchestershire sauce and lemon juice. DO NOT HEAT YET.
4. When the brussels sprouts are done, pour the remaining water into the sauce pan with the mustard mixture. Put the brussels sprouts in a serving dish and set aside.
5. Heat the mustard mixture up on high heat until it’s boiling. Pour the cornstarch mixture in and stir together until it thickens. Then pour the whole thing over top the brussels sprouts and stir until it’s evenly coated on all sides.
Yield: 8 Servings
Freeze this recipe for easy re-heating later. Make sure it's tightly sealed inside freezer safe containers.
Microwave each serving for approximately 1 - 2 minutes, depending on microwave strength.