Green Beans and Feta Cheese
Calories 68 (26% from fat)
Fat 1.9 gram
Saturated Fat 0.3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 2.6 mg.
Sodium 233 mg.
Carb. 9 gram
Fiber 3.8 gram
Sugar 1.6 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 5.5 gram
1 large pot of boiling water, approximately 16 cups
2 lbs. Fresh green beans, ends trimmed off
(2 pounds frozen if fresh not available.)
2 Tbsp. light butter
(We used Land O Lakes Light Butter with Canola Oil.)
1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
1 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 cup crumbled fat free feta cheese
(We used Athenos Fat Free Feta Cheese.)
1. Bring the large pot of water to a boil. While the pot is heating, trim the ends off the fresh green beans and then rinse them.
2. Once the water is boiling, pour the green beans in and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until just tender.
3. While the beans are cooking, warm a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Then add the butter and olive oil.
4. When the beans are done, drain the water and pour the beans into the frying pan. Cook and stir everything together in the frying pan for about 2 minutes.
5. Mix the pepper and lemon juice together, then pour the mixture over top the beans. Stir everything together. Then pour the beans into a serving bowl and sprinkle the feta cheese over top of everything.
Yield: 8 Servings
Do NOT add the feta cheese if you plan to freeze the beans. Put them in individual containers and only add the cheese AFTER you've re-heated the beans.
Heat each serving in microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, until thoroughly hot. Make sure to keep them partially covered to retain moisture.