Brussels Sprouts and Grapes Au Gratin
Calories 119 (27% from fat)
Fat 3.6 gram
Saturated Fat 1.8 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 10 mg.
Sodium 258 mg.
Carb. 14 gram
Fiber 3 gram
Sugar 5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 9 gram
buttery cooking spray
1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, halved (Quartered if they are large.)
1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
1 Tbsp. light butter
(We used I can't believe it's not Butter! Light.)
2 Tbsp. whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 cup fat free milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
1/2 cup fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
The sweet grapes paired with the cheesy sprouts make this a memorable side for any occasion.
1. Lightly coat an 8-inch square cooking pan with buttery cooking spray. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large non-stick sauce pan, bring 1/2 an inch of water to a boil. Then add the Brussels sprouts, reduce heat to medium and cook, covered until they are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. When finished drain the water and put the Brussels sprouts in the greased square pan.
3. Sprinkle the grapes across the top of the Brussels sprouts.
4. Heat a small non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter and melt. Then stir in the flour until thoroughly combined. Slowly mix the milk in with a whisk. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Keep cooking and stirring until it thickens, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sale and pepper. Then pour the gravy over the Brussels sprouts and grapes.
5. Top with the Swiss and mozzarella cheeses. Bake until it starts to brown and bubbles, about 20 minutes.
Yield: 6 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave for approximately 1.5 - 2 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.