Calories 137 (17% from fat)
Fat 3 gram
Saturated Fat 0.3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 0 mg.
Sodium 235 mg.
Carb. 14.5 gram
Fiber 4 gram
Sugar 0.5 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 3.7 gram
1 can (15.5 oz.) butter beans, drained
1 can (15.5 oz.) low sodium chick peas (garbanzos), drained
3 cloves (3 tsp.) garlic, minced
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp. lemon zest
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp. cumin, ground
1 Tbsp. coriander, ground
1 tsp. black pepper, ground
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup white wheat flour
2 Tbsp. olive oil
This is a baked falafel that tastes like fried, without deep frying. You can enjoy a couple with breakfast or as a side to dinner. Quick and easy to reheat whever you want.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Put the butter beans and chick peas into a food processor and pulse, until they are crumbled but not mushy. Then add the next 10 ingredients, garlic, onion, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, baking powder, cumin, coriander, black pepper, salt and pulse until combined.
3. Transfer it to a mixing bowl and add flour as needed. The mixture is ready when it sticks together but it's not dry.
4. Lightly coat a baking sheet with the olive oil. (You can also use olive oil spray for this.)
5. Form the mixture into balls or patties (we chose balls). Each one is slightly larger than a golf ball, a little less than 1/4 of a cup each. They should make 12 balls or patties.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, then flip and bake another 15 minutes, until they're browned on both sides and crispy on the outside.
Yield: 12 Servings (1 Ball or Pattie Per Serving)
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave on high for approximately 2-3 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.