Spanish Rice - Instant Pot
Calories 333 (13% from fat)
Fat 5 gram
Saturated Fat 1 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 0 mg.
Sodium 552 mg.
Carb. 65 gram
Fiber 3.6 gram
Sugar 4 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 6 gram
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cups sweet onion, chopped small
4 cloves (4 tsp.) garlic, minced
4 cups uncooked brown rice
1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes and green chilies
(We used RoTel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies.)
4 cups (32 oz.) vegetable broth
(We used Swanson Broth Vegetable.)
1/2 cup water
This rice dish is a great compliment to any meal. If you'd like it spicier, add the hotter versions of Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies. You can also throw in some red pepper flakes along with the onions when you start cooking.
1. Turn the Instant Pot on saute. Add the olive oil, onion and garlic, then saute for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
2. Stir in the rice, diced tomatoes and chili, vegetable broth and water.
3. Seal the instant pot and cook on high pressure for 24 minutes. Once it's complete, allow the pressure to come down naturally.
4. Fluff with a fork and serve.
5. You can do this recipe without an Instant Pot. Simply put the olive oil, onion and garlic in a large regular pot and saute for 3-4 minutes. Then add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer for 40 minutes, until rice is fluffy.
Yield: 10 Servings (1 Cup Per Serving)
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave on high for approximately 3 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.