Spiced Acorn Squash
Calories 269 (18% from fat)
Fat 5.5 gram
Saturated Fat 1.7 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 0 mg.
Sodium 96 mg.
Carb. 61 gram
Fiber 4.4 gram
Sugar 26 gram
Sugar Alcohol 17 gram
Protein 2.6 gram
1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1 tsp. cinnamon, ground
1 tsp. nutmeg, ground
2 acorn squash (About 20 oz. each or 4 inches diameter.), halved and seeded
4 Tbsp. sugar free honey
(We used Honey Tree's Sugar Free Imitation Honey.)
2 small boxes (1 oz. each) raisins
1/4 cup lower fat butter
I had this after a day playing in the snow. It was hot, sweet and a perfect holiday dish. I updated the ingredients to remove over 2/3 of the sugar and keep the amazing taste.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small bowl mix the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Cut the squash in half and clean out the seeds.
4. Sprinkle the sugar blend, evenly divided between the four squash halves.
5. Put 1 tablespoon sugar free honey in each squash half. Then half an ounce of the raisins in each one.
6. Top with 1 tablespoon of butter in each squash half. Then cover each half with aluminum.
7. Put the squash on a baking sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes, until squash is tender.
8. Remove the aluminum and serve.
Yield: 4 Servings