Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice
Calories 325 (9% from fat)
Fat 3 gram
Saturated Fat 0 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 202 mg.
Sodium 776 mg.
Carb. 47 gram
Fiber 3 gram
Sugar 18 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 25 gram
4 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp. curry powder
1 Tbsp. Splenda
buttery cooking spray
2 pounds UNCOOKED shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled, deveined with tails removed
4 tsp. gingerroot, minced
2 garlic cloves (2 tsp.), minced
2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
1 cup carrot, finely chopped
1 cup sweet onion, chopped
2 cans (20 oz.) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
4 cups cooked basmati rice, room temperature
12 green onions, chopped
8 lime wedges
If you want to save time, purchase basmati rice in pre-made pouches. Heat it for about 90 seconds in the microwave, and it's ready to go. We took the original version of this recipe and cut sugar and salt by a third while keeping all the great taste.
It's even delicious reheated.
1. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
2. Mix together the soy sauce, curry powder, Splenda and set aside.
3. Cook the rice according to the package directions. Then set aside.
4. Lightly coat the pan with buttery cooking spray. Add the shrimp and stir-fry until they turn pink, about 2-3 minutes and remove from the pan.
5. Lightly coat the pan with buttery cooking spray again. Add the ginger and garlic, then cook for about 10 seconds.
6. Add the pepper, carrot and onion, then stir-fry for 2 minutes.
7. Reduce heat to medium.
8. Stir in the pineapple and shrimp. Then add the rice and soy sauce mixture. Toss to break up any clumps of rice, stirring occasionally and continue cooking until heated through about 5 minutes.
9. Stir in the green onions and serve with lime wedges for added flavor.
Yield: 8 Servings
You can freeze individual servings for easy re-heating later.
Microwave on high for approximately 1-2 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.