Oat and Seed Bread
Oat and Seed Bread
(Nutritional breakdown doesn't include optional jam, jelly or honey on top.)
Calories 183 (28% from fat)
Fat 5.7 gram
Saturated Fat 0.7 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 6 mg.
Sodium 213 mg.
Carb. 26 gram
Fiber 5.7 gram
Sugar 4 gram
Sugar Alcohol 1 gram
Protein 7.4 gram
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup flax seeds
1/4 cup almonds, sliced
3 cups rolled oats
1 scoop (1/3 cup) Protein powder
(We used GNC Pro Performance Vanilla Whey Protein Powder.)
2 Tbsp. chia seeds
1 Tbsp. psyllium husk powder
(We used Metamucil MultiHealth Fiber.)
1/2 cup dried plums, chopped
1 tsp. fine grain sea salt
2 Tbsp. sugar free syrup
(We used Cary's sugar free syrup.)
3 Tbsp. coconut water
1 1/2 cups water
fat free butter spray
sugar free honey
(We used Honey Tree Sugar Free Honey.)
sugar free jam or jelly
(Serve with a spray of fat free butter and drizzle some sugar free honey on top. Delicious!)
1. Mix the first nine ingredients together in a large bowl, sunflower seeds through sea salt. In a separate bowl stir together the sugar free syrup, coconut water and water.
2. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until everything is completely soaked. The dough will become very thick. If it's too thick to mix, add another 1 or 2 teaspoons of water.
3. Flatter it down in the bowl, cover and let sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
4. Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly coat a 5x9 inch loaf pan with buttery spray, then fill with the bread mixture. Pat down to make sure it's filled and bake for 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes, remove bread from loaf pan and place it on a baking sheet and bake for another 35 to 40 minutes. Let it cool completely before slicing.
Yield: 12 Servings
Freeze this recipe for easy re-heating later. Make sure each serving is tightly sealed inside small freezer safe containers.
Microwave each serving for approximately 1 - 2 minutes, depending on microwave strength.