Chili Cheese Sweet Potato Fries
Calories 332 (32% from fat)
Fat 11.8 gram
Saturated Fat 4 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 16 mg.
Sodium 700 mg.
Carb. 46 gram
Fiber 7 gram
Sugar 10 gram
Sugar Alcohol 8.5 gram
Protein 11 gram
1 (20 oz.) bag sweet potato fries
(We used Alexia Sweet Potato Fries with Sea Salt.)
2 cans (15 oz. per can) vegetarian chili
(We used HORMEL® Chili Vegetarian with Beans.)
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced fine
We made these for a Superbowl party. It provided that nice combination of sweet and savory while still being relatively healthy. You can cut the ingredients in half to make three servings instead of six. If you want a full meal, simply serve up double portions.
1. Bake sweet potato fries according to package directions.
2. Five minutes before fries are finished, heat the chili up in a pot on the stove or in the microwave.
3. Take the fries out of the oven and divide them between six oven-safe bowls. Then top each serving with 1/2 a cup of chili and 2.5 tablespoons of cheese.
4. Reduce oven heat to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Once the oven is at the proper temperature, put the bowls in to bake for approximately 2 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
5. Take bowls from the oven and sprinkle each with a heaping tablespoon of diced onion. Serve, but make sure to let people know the bowls will be hot!
Yield: 6 Servings