BBQ Meatballs (Vegan) - Instant Pot
Calories 218 (29% from fat)
Fat 7 gram
Saturated Fat 0.5 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 0 mg.
Sodium 585 mg.
Carb. 26 gram
Fiber 3 gram
Sugar 12 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 14 gram
1/4 cup water
38 oz. (about 2 1/3 pounds) meatless meatballs
(We used 3 bags, 12.7 oz. each of Gardein Classic Meatless Meatballs.), frozen
1 1/2 cups sugar free BBQ sauce
(We used G Hughes Smokehouse Sugar Free BBQ Sauce Hickory Flavored.)
1 can (14 oz.) whole berry cranberry sauce
1 Tbsp. cornstarch mixed with 1 Tbsp. water
1. Pour the water into the Instant Pot.
2. Add the frozen meatballs on the top.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the barbecue and cranberry sauces. Pour the mixture over top of the meatballs, make sure they are all coated and covered.
4. Put the cover on the Instant Pot, turn it on and set it for high pressure / manual for 5 minutes. (Also make sure to set it to sealing.)
5. It takes the Instant Pot approximately 20 minutes to get up to pressure, then it will cook for 5 minutes, then the steam will release for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Turn the valve to venting and allow pressure to release fully.
7. Take the lid off and stir in the water/cornstarch mixture.
8. Turn the Instant Pot on “sauté,” stir occasionally while the meatballs bubble for 2-5 minutes as the sauce thickens.
9. Serve the meatballs. You can turn the Instant Pot on warm to keep it ready for serving.
10. These can be prepared on the stove if you don't have an Instant Pot. Place the BBQ sauce, cranberry sauce and vegan meatballs in a medium saucepan. Heat over low heat until the sauce coats the meatballs and the meatballs are cooked through. You can add the water/cornstarch mixture to thicken the sauce at the end if needed.
Yield: 12 Servings (3 meatballs per serving.)
Freeze this recipe for easy re-heating later. Make sure each serving is tightly sealed inside small freezer safe containers.
Microwave each serving for approximately 3 - 3 1/2 minutes, depending on microwave strength.