Cabbage Roll Soup
Calories 218 (21% from fat)
Fat 5 gram
Saturated Fat 0.2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 0 mg.
Sodium 347 mg.
Carb. 28 gram
Fiber 5.2 gram
Sugar 8.4 gram
Sugar Alcohol 3 gram
Protein 17.6 gram
Buttery cooking spray
2 bags (10 oz. each) vegetarian beefy crumbles STILL FROZEN
(We used Beyond Meat Beyond Beef Crumbles Beefy.)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups yellow onion, chopped
2 cups (8 oz.) carrots, quartered and sliced
1 red bell pepper
1 medium green cabbage (1 pound 12 oz.)
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1 Tbsp. turmeric, ground
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, ground (or more to taste.)
1 Tsp. No Salt - Sodium Free Alternative
1 tsp. black pepper, ground
4 cups (32 oz.) vegetable broth
2 cans (14.5 oz. each) no salt added diced tomatoes
1/2 cup quinoa (We used tri-color quinoa.)
1 bay leaf
2 Tbsp. sugar free honey
(We used Honey Tree's Sugar Free Imitation Honey.)
This is a soup that'll warm you up and fill you up. A single 218 calorie serving packs 17 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber. You can increase the cayenne pepper if you want a little more kick or stir in some hot sauce. We enjoyed it with a side of toasted whole wheat bread to soak up every last bite.
1. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Once it's hot, lightly coat with buttery cooking spray.
2. Add the frozen vegetarian beef crumbles and cook, stirring occasionally until lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Heat a large non-stick pot over medium heat. Once it's hot, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
4. Stir in the garlic, onion, carrots, bell pepper and chopped cabbage. Cook, stirring occasionally for five minutes until the cabbage starts to soften.
5. Stir in the spices, thyme, turmeric, cayenne pepper, No Salt and black pepper.
6. Stir in the vegetable broth, tomatoes and quinoa. Bring to a boil, add bay leaf, then reduce heat and simmer for 35-40 minutes.
7. Once the cabbage is tender, discard the bay leaf and stir in the sugar free honey.
8. Divide into 10 servings of about 1 1/3 cups each.
Yield: 10 Servings of About 1 1/3 Cup Each
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave on high for approximately 2.5-3 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.