Calories 281 (20% from fat)
Fat 6 gram
Saturated Fat 2 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 8 mg.
Sodium 731 mg.
Carb. 39 gram
Fiber 7.5 gram
Sugar 6 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 15 gram
2 Tbsp. butter
16 oz. plant chicken
(We used Daring. Original Plant Chicken Pieces from the freezer section, two 8-oz. packages.)
5 cups water
16 oz. potato gnocchi
(We used Flora Gnocchi Potato Classic Dumplings.)
1/2 cup tomato, diced
1 cup onion, chopped
1 can (15.25 oz.) no salt added whole kernel corn WITH the liquid inside
187 mL (about 1 cup) dry champagne
1 1/2 Tbsp. green onion (scallions), chopped
2 packets (1.2 oz. each) Herb ox sodium free granulated chicken bouillon packets
3 broccoli stalks, with the stems removed and heads chopped
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
1/4 tsp. salt
1 pinch dried basil
This “chicken” recipe fooled two of our tasting panel, who thought it was real chicken.
You can use real chicken for this recipe, take out the plant chicken and replace it with a pound of regular chicken that’s been chopped into bite-sized pieces, thoroughly cooked and browned. Steps 1-3.
1. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Once it's warm, reduce the temperature to medium and melt the butter in the pan.
2. Add the plant chicken and sizzle for 6-7 minutes if frozen and 4-5 minutes if thawed. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove from heat.
3. Cut the plant chicken into bite-sized pieces.
4. Mix ALL the ingredients into a stockpot, including the plant chicken you just cooked.
5. Put temperature on high and bring to a boil.
6. Once it's boiling, reduce heat to simmer and continue cooking until all the flavors have blended, about 15 minutes. Then divide into 8 servings and freeze or enjoy.
Yield: 8 Servings
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave on high for approximately 3-4 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape. You might need to stir it up at the 2 1/2 minute mark and put it back in the microwave.