Chicken and Pico De Gallo with Mango
Calories 237 (8% from fat)
Fat 2 gram
Saturated Fat 0.5 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 73 mg.
Sodium 511 mg.
Carb. 21 gram
Fiber 3 gram
Sugar 10 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 32 gram
2 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 container (16 oz.) pico de gallo
(You can use Salsa if you don't have pico de gallo.)
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper, ground
1 can (16 oz.) reduced sodium pinto beans
1 can (15.25 oz.) whole kernel southwest corn
1 can (15 oz.) diced mangos
salt to taste
green onions chopped
fat free sour cream
lowfat cheese, shredded
Plenty of salsa chicken recipes taste good, but we wanted something a little fresher, so we used pico de gallo. Then we added mango for a sweet combination.
1. Put the chicken breasts in the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker.
2. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl, do NOT drain the cans. Pour the mixture over top the chicken.
3. Set the crock pot on LOW for 3 hours. Cover and let it cook.
4. After 3 hours, increase the crock pot heat to HIGH for 1 hour. After that hour, take the chicken out, put it on a cutting board and use two forks to shred it.. Then return the chicken to the crock pot and mix it together.
5. SERVE IN 1 HOUR: Keep the lid off and continue cooking it on HIGH for another hour.
6. SERVE IN 2 or 3 HOURS: Put the lid on and continue cooking it on LOW for 2-3 hours.
7. Divide into 9 servings of about 1 cup each. Serve with optional toppings.
Yield: 9 Servings of 1 Cup Each
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave on high for approximately 2-3 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.