Chicken Cheese Bake
Calories 215 (31% from fat)
Fat 7 gram
Saturated Fat 3 gram
Trans Fat 0 gram
Cholesterol 94 mg.
Sodium 509 mg.
Carb. 6 gram
Fiber 1 gram
Sugar 4 gram
Sugar Alcohol 0 gram
Protein 30 gram
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. black pepper
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Life with Jeviko called this "Melt in your mouth chicken." We agreed, but their version was over 50% fat. We made some changes, kept the great taste and ended up with this delicious lower fat and lower sodium version.
If you don't like mayo, you can substitute sour cream or Greek yogurt for the same juicy ending.
It's also good with jerk seasoning or fajita seasoning for additional flavor, just be aware of the salt those mixes have.
1. Divide the chicken into 8 servings of 4 ounces each.
2. Pat the chicken breast dry and pound them lightly. You can also score them by making 3-5 deep slits along the chicken. This will help the meat cook more evenly.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, mayonnaise, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, pepper and cheese. Mix well.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet with edges (to prevent drips). Put the chicken breast on the paper with the slits up.
6. Spread the mixture generously over the chicken breasts, evenly covering every side.
7. Bake for 45 minutes until the top turns a golden color, and the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Pair it with your favorite side. We liked it with Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice.
Yield: 8 Servings, 4 ouncs per serving
You can freeze individual portions for easy re-heating later.
Microwave on high for approximately 2 - 2.5 minutes. Keep the container open a little to allow steam to escape.